Recipe by mommyoffour
Another of my glazed chicken recipes. This one uses some of the spice from carribean cooking and adds a nice sweet, spicy and sour taste to the chicken.
Top Review by WiGal
Perfect! I made this chicken based on Chef#498271's recommendation for the Top Favorites of 2008 Game and am sure glad I did. We were totally impressed! This is not for the faint of heart -it packs a bit of heat. I used chicken breasts with the bone in. Next time I too will double the sauce. Thanks mommyoffour for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill.
- In small saucepan, combine chili sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, allspice and ginger.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Place chicken on grill, skin side down, over low heat.
- Cook 45 to 60 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear, turning once and brushing frequently with glaze during last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Bring any remaining glaze to a boil; serve as a sauce with chicken.