Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
This original recipe was created for the ZWT6 Mixing Pot Challenge, hosted by the Fish & Seafood Forum. Team X-tra Hot Dishes has lived up to it's name and just like the influential flavors of North Africa, we are spicy and energetic with a balance of zesty sweetness mixed in. This easy, yet bold-flavored rub for salmon shows off some of our best qualities!
Top Review by Queen Dana
I enjoy sweet baked goods with cardamom and I liked being able to use it in a savory dish. I loved the combination of spices but thought it over powered the salmon a little. Made for ZWT6.
- 12 ounces salmon fillets (2 fillets, 6 ozs each, fresh or thawed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, fresh (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and liberally spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, in dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (except fresh cilantro) and stir well to form a slightly dry paste.
- Gently rub the paste onto the salmon and bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.