Recipe by MarraMamba
A delicious pasta if you like some spice and green onions. Quick and easy as well from F/W 07.
Top Review by Soup Lady
This was good, but I was expecting more flavor. I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs, which is where most of the flavor came from. I would try this one again, but maybe add some dried basil and oregano.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches scallions, thinly sliced (3 1/2 cups)
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb capellini
- 1⁄2 cup toasted breadcrumb
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 cup of the olive oil. Add the scallions and cook over moderately low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, orange zest and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes longer. Stir in another 1/2 cup of the olive oil and transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water. Add the pasta and the reserved cooking water to the bowl and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, toss the bread crumbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the pasta and serve immediately, passing the cheese at the table.