I like the idea of sweet AND savory. I saw the recipe in O magazine. However, I have offered a few other options. Remember, cooking is all about choice.....every time. The recipe specified raw nuts.....however use what you've got! Mix it up use other nuts. Add other savory herbs. . Use a different zest. Use all honey or try some agave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar, divided (use what you have)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided (sea salt is good, use quantity to taste)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped (other savories to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (I use more)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1Read the description, all of it. Make choices to suit you.
- 2Preheat oven to 325. Put silpat on a baking sheet or line it with parchment.
- 3Combine the nuts in a bowl.
- 4In the largest bowl that will go in the microwave, just heat the honey, molasses and zest, maybe 10-20 seconds. Stir in the rosemary, cayenne, and paprika. ALTERNATIVELY just heat it all in a large enough pot to stir in all the nuts.
- 5Mix in the nuts covering with all that goodness.
- 6Spread the nuts on your prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the sugar, evenly over the top. Sprinkle half the salt. Bake in the center of the oven for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned -- that sugar will caramelize. Right after you take them out of the oven, sprinkle the 2nd half of the salt.
- 7Let cool, completely, about an hour. Break nuts apart and serve or place in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Candied Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 932.0
- Calories from Fat 733
- Total Fat 81.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1841.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: