1/5 Photos of Spicy Candied Bacon
From the blog Serious Eats. It looks so yummy. I like bacon and this is something I want to try very soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Mix the chili powder and brown sugar in a shallow bowl.
- 3Fit a sheet of parchment paper onto a jelly-roll pan.
- 4Bury each slice of bacon in the chili and sugar mixture; rub both sides to assure the mixture adheres.
- 5Lay the bacon strips on the prepared pan.
- 6The bacon strips may be left flat or twisted two or three times by holding each end to make a candied "stick".
- 7Bake for 30 minutes without turning.
- 8Always transfer candied bacon using tongs; the hot sugar can easily burn your fingers.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Candied Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 277.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g