Recipe by Boomette
From the blog Serious Eats. It looks so yummy. I like bacon and this is something I want to try very soon.
Top Review by breezermom
Very similar to my Recipe #382998, except mine uses cumin instead of chili powder. :) I cooked mine in a rack on top of a broiler pan so the bacon wouldn't soak up all that fat. Otherwise, I made it as posted. I twisted some and left some flat. The twisted ones took a bit longer to cook. This was delicious! Thanks for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons mild red chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 12 thickly-sliced pieces applewood-smoked bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the chili powder and brown sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Fit a sheet of parchment paper onto a jelly-roll pan.
- Bury each slice of bacon in the chili and sugar mixture; rub both sides to assure the mixture adheres.
- Lay the bacon strips on the prepared pan.
- The bacon strips may be left flat or twisted two or three times by holding each end to make a candied "stick".
- Bake for 30 minutes without turning.
- Always transfer candied bacon using tongs; the hot sugar can easily burn your fingers.