1/1 Photo of Spicy Calamari With Bacon and Scallions
Chef Kate's Note:
Really simple yet the flavors are quite complex. From the November, 2007 edition of Gourmet. It's supposed to serve four as a main course; we found it sufficient for three as a starter (either a tribute to the recipe or just further proof that we love to eat)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse squid and dry on paper towels.
- 2Cut large tentacles in two and bodies into 1/2" rings.
- 3Cut bacon into 1" pieces and brown in a 12" skillet.
- 4Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- 5Turn the heat to high, get bacon fat very hot.
- 6Toss calamari with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and add to skillet with the scallions and red pepper flakes.
- 7Saute till just done, about three minutes.
- 8Serve immediately, sprinkled with bacon.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Calamari With Bacon and Scallions
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.7
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 415.6 mg
- Sodium 460.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 30.2 g