Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my copycat recipe for a delicious salad I recently had in Nexxt Cafe, Miami Beach. I couldn't find a recipe for it, so I'm making it up from what I remember. If you are there on vacation, this is a must. Since I'm doing the best I can to re-create it, please feel free to make suggestions or comments. For the calamari, I guess you could make it from scratch; there are some good recipes here or just buy it at a restaurant. The "spicy" was very mild. For the vinaigrette find a recipe that goes well with it. I will experiment and taste a few different combinations and make updates as needed. I think some chopped avocados would go well with it.
- 4 cups chopped mixed greens
- 1 -2 cup of spicy fried calamari
- 1 sliced ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped hearts of palm
- spicy lime vinaigrette
- Mix and toss all chopped ingredients except the calamari.
- Layer fried calamari on the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!