Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is one of my favorite fish dishes, very easy.
- Drizzle cod fillets with lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub fillets with cajun spices and coat well.
- In very hot skillet, cook fillets in butter for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet and serve immediately.
- Serve with sour cream, carrot and zucchini cut into julienne.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or dill.
Very important note for those of you who buy spices at the dollar store like I do: DON'T use the cheap Cajun spice for this, as it's mostly salt and very little heat in this quantity. However, when I scraped it off and made my own on the fly, this was really quite tasty. The only problem I had was the lemon juice, butter, and water from the fish made kind of a soup in the frying pan, so it was more poached than fried fish.