Recipe by Simply Sue
This is a great spicy marinade for Chicken, Pork, Beef or Shrimp. For Chicken or Pork, marinate for 1-2 hours, Beef for 2-4 hours and Shrimp 1/2 hour. May also be used as a baste for grilling or oven roasting. This was originally a patchwork from many other marinade recipes and has been 'messed' with to suite our tastes over the years. Note: If you want to add lime or lemon juice, do so ONLY during the last hour of marinating, to avoid a mushy meat texture.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano, hand crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup lime juice (optional last hour) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup lemon juice (optional last hour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put everything except the juice in a blender or jar with tight fitting lid and mix until completely blended.
- Transfer to a resealable plastic bag, add the items to be marinated and place bag in refrigerator.
- Turn bag several times while marinating.
- Marinating Times:.
- 2-4 hours Beef.
- 1-2 hours Chicken or Pork.
- ½ hour Shrimp.
- As a basting sauce, mop onto meat or kabobs during grilling or roasting.
- Also may be added, in limited amounts, to Cajun or Creole dishes for some added heat if you adjust the salt amount for the combined dish.