Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Intensely flavored sun-dried tomatoes add zest to a good party dip.
Top Review by txgoddess
this was a big hit at the superbowl gathering yesterday! i used a combo of less-fat cream cheese, part-skim ricotta and plain greek yogurt for the base. the chili sauce measurement seemed out of proportion, so i used about half and it was plenty spicy. a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh ground salt & pepper were stirred in at the end. served with carrots, celery, cauliflower and sugar snap peas.
- 1⁄2 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomato
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over tomatoes.
- let stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and chop tomatoes.
- meanwhile, in another small bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt and chili sauce.
- mix well.
- Add tomatoes and all remaining ingredients; mix well.
- refrigerate till serving time.
- Just before serving; stir dip.
- serve with cut up fresh veggies or garlic flavored bagel crisps.