1/1 Photo of Spicy Cajun Crab and Greens Soup
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
Cajun seasoning spikes this soup with heat, so adjust according to your taste. Serve with: Jalapeño corn bread and carrot sticks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk oil and flour in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat until smooth and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add enough Cajun seasoning to season to taste and stir 30 seconds.
- 2Add clam juice and stir until smooth. Add tomatoes with juices. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes.
- 3Add spinach, thyme, and garlic and simmer until spinach is just wilted, about 1 minute.
- 4Add crabmeat and simmer until heated through, stirring gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Ladle soup into bowls and serve.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Cajun Crab and Greens Soup
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.4
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 523.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with sweet onions