1/7 Photos of Spicy Cajun Chicken With Capers and Lemons
From Bon Appetit November 1997. Can you believe it's low fat? This is begging to be served with red beans and rice! Cornbread sounds good, too! Tofu can be substituted for the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, to taste (I like the spices used in Cajun Style Oven Fries or any good homemade Cajun spice mix)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/3-inch
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1In shallow bowl combine the flour, Cajun seasoning mix and paprika. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- 2Dip the chicken into the flour mixture to coat completely.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a heavy, non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Saute the chicken until brown on both sides and cooked through, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- 4Transfer the chicken to a serving plate and vent with a piece of foil on top.
- 5Next add the broth, lemon juice and capers to the skillet and bring to boil, scraping up the brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- 6Boil the mixture until the sauce thickens slightly and can coat a spoon, about 5 minutes or so. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Spoon sauce over chicken and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Cajun Chicken With Capers and Lemons
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.1
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 152.3 mg
- Sodium 466.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 53.0 g