Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
You'll find yourself moaning "mmmmm" while eating this delicious one pan meal. Plus, this cooks together very quickly once you get started, so have everything cut and measured ready to be added before you begin cooking anything. A super delicious meal that is pretty easy to pull together in a snap! Don't let the long ingredient list intimidate you! It's soo well worth it!
- 4 ounces whole wheat penne
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, quartered (I use Baby Bella's)
- 1 head broccoli, florets halved
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Italian bread, sliced
- While pasta is cooking, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in olive oil until chicken is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter and flour. Add in salt, basil, lemon pepper, garlic powder and black pepper. Set aside.
- Add green and red bell peppers, onion, mushrooms and broccoli to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and slowly add milk mixture to skillet and heat through. Sauce will thicken.
- Mix pasta into skillet.
- Serve with fresh parmesan cheese and a fresh Italian Bread Loaf.
We really enjoyed this dish! I halved the recipe and loved the proportion of pasta to sauce. The cajun seasoning gives a nice hint of spiciness. Thanks for sharing.
Yummy dish. I also added some orange and yellow peppers since I had them on hand for another splash of color. Simple and flavorful dish that we enjoyed. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.