Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This has fettuccini tossed with sauteed chicken, mushrooms, onions, red and green peppers and a spicy, tomato creole sauce. It is an amazing combination of flavors, you'll be full long before you've had enough.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 white onion, sliced and quartered (1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 -6 mushrooms, sliced (1 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons parsley, fresh is preferred
- Melt 2 tbs butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the bell peppers, onions and garlic in the butter for 8-10 minutes until softened slightly. If you like your veggies blackened in this type of dish, like I do, give them a couple more minutes until the edges start to turn black.
- While the veggies are cooking, cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- Prepare a medium size pan over high heat with the olive oil. When the pan is hot, add the chicken and cook, stirring for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- When the vegetables are softened or blackened to your liking, add the chicken to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, chicken stock, 1/4 tsp salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, pepper and thyme and simmer for 10-12 minutes until thickened. If you like your sauce a little thicker, just add 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch to a couple tablespoons of the liquid from the saucepan. Stir until smooth, remove pan from heat and whisk in cornstarch/sauce mixture, then put back on the heat.
- While the sauce is simmering, prepare fettucini according to package directions and serve sauce over plated noodles. Sprinkle a little parsley over each serving to complete.