Wanted to use up that chicken and cream cheese hangin' out in the fridge on a cold Midwest night.
Make and share this Spicy Cajun Chicken & Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Heat olive oil & butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Generously season one side of each chicken breast with Cajun Seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Place chicken in skillet then season the other side.
- While chicken is cooking prepare pasta according to package directions.
- When chicken is cooked through and browned on both sides, remove to platter, cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cream cheese to pad drippings, add half-and-half. Amount of cream cheese and half-and-half will vary depending on desired consistency and spiciness. Stir to melt cream cheese - do not boil.
- Serve sauce over cooked pasta. Top with sliced chicken and shredded cheese.
This is one of my husband's favorite recipes. To cut down on fat, I use a non-stick pan that I spray with cooking spray. I also use skim milk in place of the half-and-half and 3/4 cups whipped cream cheese. The cajun seasoning I made has enough flavor, so I omit the additional garlic powder and pepper. I also melt the cream cheese and milk in a sauce pan while the chicken is cooking (again to cut down on fat). We like to mix our chicken into the pasta and sauce before serving it. The cooked cajun seasoning on the chicken makes it spicier than just having the sauce by itself. Overall, it is a very good recipe.