Recipe by Janet Knowles
This recipe was a fortunate "accident" I had with leftover cabbage a few years ago but it is so good I find myself craving it. I'm the only one in my family that likes cabbage so I get to eat all of it by myself:)Hope you like it. The seasonings are approximations. This is supposed to be sweet.
Top Review by KeyWee
This is pretty good stuff for an "accident"! And you only have to get one pot dirty - my kind of meal some days. I used polish kielbasa for the sausage so didn't even have to cook that first. Other than that, I made the recipe as posted except to put in only one tablespoon of sugar - I am not a sweets fan - and that made the seasonings just right for me. My husband took a second helping and I took the rest for lunch - very good the next day! We had this with garlic bread - great comfort food! Thanks, Janet!
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1 (1 small) bag egg noodles
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sausage and keep it chopped up like hamburger.
- Add in the cabbage, tomatos, salsa and spices.
- Continue to cook down on low boil for about 15-20 minutes.
- Put one cup water into the mixture with the noodles.
- Cook till the noodles are soft.
- Turn the heat off and cover the pot.
- Allow to set about another 30 minutes before serving.
- The longer this sits, the better it tastes.