Recipe by Nyteglori
Cooking time is chilling time. Herb butters are a nifty way to spice up any meal. I like herbed butters as a quick easy way to flavor frozen or canned veggies. Just add a dab of herbed butter and heat up the veggies. You can substitute margarine for the butter. If you choose to use dried herbs instead of fresh use 1/3- 1/2 times the amount called for.
Top Review by chia
this is a lovely condiment for veggies, i served it with a saute of mushrooms, onions and zucchini. i used both fresh sage and a home grown jalapeno. if you use dried herbs you should decrease the amount to 1/3. i think this would kick up popcorn and will try that with the leftovers. would also be good with an omelet.
- 8 ounces sweet unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pureed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 drops lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Let butter soften to room temperature.
- Beat in other ingredients.
- Pack butter into molds or crocks or form balls with a melon baller.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Can be stored for upto 1 month in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.