Recipe by Dancer^
Andouille is a spicy smoked pork sausage that is a specialty of Cajun cooking. Substitute any other smoked sausage, if desired. This is a good way to use up leftover sausage.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- 6 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 links andouille sausages, grilled, each link cut into quarters and split lengthwise
- 8 slices muenster cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. spread pepper jelly on the unbuttered sides of four slices of bread.
- On slices of bread with pepper jelly, place two slices of Pepper Jack cheese and two pieces of grilled andouille sausage over the jelly. cover sausage with two slices of Muenster cheese and top with the remaining slices of bread, buttered side out.
- Preheat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Cook sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and the cheeses are melted.
- Serve immediately.