Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We adore asparagus and I am always looking for new recipes with it. I saw this recipe in Quick Cooking magazine and can't wait to try it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cajun seasoning, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add onion powder, seasoned salt and Cajun seasoning and stir to mix.
- Add aspragus, stirring just to coat.
- Cover and cook 5-7 minutes to crisp-tender.
This is absolutely the best way to fix asparagus.
This was the best asparagus I have ever had! Thank you Ducky! =)
I liked the addition of cajun seasoning and onion powder. I didn't add red pepper flakes, but added black pepper instead. Just excellent!