Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
- 3 mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon chili oil (or 1 chile pepper sautéed a few minutes in 1 tablespoon canola oil)
- 1 lb red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- kosher salt
- cayenne pepper
- Peel and section oranges, remove membranes and cut in half crosswise, set aside.
- Put oil in a wok over medium high heat and add cabbage.
- Stir a few times, lower heat and cover 5 minutes.
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a cup.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Add to cabbage and toss well.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add Mandarin orange segments.
- Toss and cook 1 minute more.