Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this idea from several other zaar posts, but this isn't exactly like any of them, so I thought I would post my own. Great if you have some cabbage that needs to be used, or just need an easy dinner recipe. You can also do this in the crock pot and have it waiting for you when you get home, and substitute the ground beef with ham or kielbasa.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef (raw)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups water (or enough to cover cabbage and beef)
- 3 tablespoons pepper sauce (I use frank's red hot)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Remove cabbage core and cut cabbage down to bite sized pieces (I usually cut it into 1/8ths).
- In a large cooking pot, layer 1/4 of the cabbage in bottom of pot, sprinkle with salt, pepper, red pepper, and pepper flakes. Top with ground beef.
- Repeat layering, ending with cabbage on top.
- Pour in beef broth and water until cabbage is covered. Add pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and continue to boil for 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.