Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light. Prep time includes time in refrigerator.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot, peeled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chat masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, minced
- 1 serrano chili, minced and seeded
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Heat cumin in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 2 min or til dark golden, stirring constantly. Combine cumin and next 9 ingredients (through red pepper) in a large bowl.
- Add onions and next 4 ingredients (through tomatoes); toss to combine. Add cabbages, tossing gently to combine. Cover and chill 4 hours. Sprinkle with peanuts.