Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adding sausage to this recipe gives a boost in flavor. If you're doing a low carb diet, you'll appreciate the lack of any rice or bread in this recipe! I couldn't find what I was looking for, so came up with my own recipe. I hope you enjoy!
- Core cabbage and place in boiling buttered water to soften; meanwhile, mix next 6 ingredients, along with 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
- Remove softened outside leaves from cabbage, and using a sharp knife, remove the stiff center ribs. (I usually remove several leaves at a time, then after those are rolled, I can remove several more.)
- Cut the cabbage leaf in half, and place a heaping tablespoon of meat mixture in to roll up, tucking in sides if need be.
- Place the roll in a large skillet that has a lid to fit, and continue production until all the meat mixture is used. *Leftover cabbage is great as is, or added to a soup, and the broth can be used as veggie stock.
- Sometimes a second, smaller pan is necessary to cook up the overflow of rolls.
- Cover cabbage rolls with the spaghetti sauce, and cook on medium, covered, for 30 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with shredded parmesan before serving.
- My only problem with this recipe is the sauce is SO good, I'm always tempted to get some bread to sop it up! So if you want to indulge, do. :).