Adding sausage to this recipe gives a boost in flavor. If you're doing a low carb diet, you'll appreciate the lack of any rice or bread in this recipe! I couldn't find what I was looking for, so came up with my own recipe. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core cabbage and place in boiling buttered water to soften; meanwhile, mix next 6 ingredients, along with 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
- 2Remove softened outside leaves from cabbage, and using a sharp knife, remove the stiff center ribs. (I usually remove several leaves at a time, then after those are rolled, I can remove several more.)
- 3Cut the cabbage leaf in half, and place a heaping tablespoon of meat mixture in to roll up, tucking in sides if need be.
- 4Place the roll in a large skillet that has a lid to fit, and continue production until all the meat mixture is used. *Leftover cabbage is great as is, or added to a soup, and the broth can be used as veggie stock.
- 5Sometimes a second, smaller pan is necessary to cook up the overflow of rolls.
- 6Cover cabbage rolls with the spaghetti sauce, and cook on medium, covered, for 30 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
- 7Sprinkle with shredded parmesan before serving.
- 8My only problem with this recipe is the sauce is SO good, I'm always tempted to get some bread to sop it up! So if you want to indulge, do. :).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Cabbage Rolls - Low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.9
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 202.9 mg
- Sodium 1498.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 39.4 g