Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
Different, but YUMMY!
Make and share this Spicy Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small green cabbage head
- 1⁄4 small onion
- 2 heads garlic or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash cinnamon-sugar mixture
- 1 dash sea salt
- fresh black pepper
- 10 mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery salt or 1 teaspoon whole seeds
- 5 teaspoons vinegar (I recommend balsamic, rice wine or apple cider, according to your taste)
- Put a large pot of water on stove to boil. Chop cabbage head into cole slaw size pieces (fairly small). Chop onion and garlic. Add all other ingredients to pot of water and add cabbage, onion and garlic when the water is boiling. Simmer for 30 minutes. Drain. Fill pot back up with cold water and let sit on stove for five minutes. Drain. Add butter, if desired, and serve.