Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
Spicy recipe - not your every-day cabbage dish. Evolving recipe! Origin unknown.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot. Cook and stir onion, garlic, jalape?o peppers, green pepper, cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt over medium heat until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
A gem of a cabbage recipe! Spicy nice, colorful, and fairly easy. I had everything chopped and ready before starting-it moves along pretty fast. Made as posted except used red pepper instead of green, reduced to 2 servings which was huge but did have a meat and potato with it too. Thank you LVT for sharing.