Recipe by ashley_will
This a wonderful creamy, sweet, and spicy soup that is made to be low calorie.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, seeded and peeled
- 1 cup peeled diced sweet onion
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 3 (14 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fat free butter substitute (no trans fat)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- light sour cream, a dollop as a garnish (fat free or light) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and seed the squash and cut into small chunks.
- Place the squash, chopped onion, and carrots into a large pot with the cayenne pepper,salt, garlic, and chicken broth.
- Cook on medium heat until the soup comes to a rapid boil. Turn heat to low and let simmer uncovered for 35-45 minutes until the squash is soft.
- Place the soup into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the pot and whisk in the butter and the condensed milk until fully mixed.
- Add sour cream dollop if desired.
- Serve warm to hot in medium sized soup bowls.
- This soup can be frozen and reheated as well.