Recipe by osbornsc
Healthy and delicious. Try this spicy soup for a different take on a traditional autumn favorite. Make lots and freeze! Puree if you please.
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1 whole white onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 -6 jalapenos, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 36 ounces organic vegetable stock
- 1 butternut squash, roasted and pureed
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil.
- Add onions.
- Cook until translucent.
- Add jalapenos through carrots.
- Cook -turning frequently- until all veggies are glossy.
- Add stock through cumin.
- Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with extra chopped cilantro.