Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
Healthy and delicious. Try this spicy soup for a different take on a traditional autumn favorite. Make lots and freeze! Puree if you please.
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1 whole white onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 -6 jalapenos, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 36 ounces organic vegetable stock
- 1 butternut squash, roasted and pureed
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil.
- Add onions.
- Cook until translucent.
- Add jalapenos through carrots.
- Cook -turning frequently- until all veggies are glossy.
- Add stock through cumin.
- Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with extra chopped cilantro.
This is a great and easy recipe! I may have used a little too much of the seeds from the jalapenos, however, the dish was well received by my family and friends.
Really enjoyed it--very filling. I added lemon juice for some acidity.
How creative. I loved this. Used chicken broth but followed the recipe exactly otherwise. Total medley of flavors. Saved some in the freezer and will make again.