- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 flat teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop squash into small cubes.
- put squash and lentils into a saucpan with curry paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- add sugar and water and cook for 20 minutes.
- add salt and lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes.
- blend until smooth and serve hot with bread.
- OR IF YOU PREFER PUT ALL INGREDIENTS IN A SLOW COOKER AND COOK UNTIL SQUASH IS SOFT THEN BLEND AND SERVE.