Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This marinade has a nice complex taste....Asian meets spice. It can be made up in 5 minutes. Give plenty of time for the lamb to marinate...up to 3 days. After our meal, my husband and daughter came back to the cutting board and were fighting over the last of the end pieces. To me, that says it all!!!
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon szechwan chili sauce (or any other hot spicy sauce, may use more to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (about 3-4 large)
- 2 lbs leg of lamb, butterflied, trimmed of all visible fat
- Marinade: Combine hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice wine, Chili sauce, red pepper, ginger and garlic in a zip lock bag. Note: Use 2 T of soy sauce if it is low sodium.
- Marinate several hours or overnight, turning lamb at least once. Can marinate up to 3 days for a more intense flavour.
- To grill: Preheat grill. Sear lamb for 1 minute on each side. Cover grill and cook 25 - 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 150°F rare or 160°F, turning lamb every 8 minutes.
- Allow lamb to sit for 5 minutes before carving.