Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the British T.V. show "Daily cooks" Great served with toasted bread to spread or grilled soft tortillas, vegetable crudités, breadsticks, crisps or tortilla chips, to dip
- 400 g butter beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup parsley or 1⁄4 cup coriander
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Blitz the butter beans in a food processor with the lemon juice, sesame oil, dried chilli flakes, garlic, herbs and some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- (If the paste seems a little dry, add a splash of water or some of the liquid drained from the tin).
- Spread the butterbeans on to toasted bread or use as a dip for grilled soft tortillas, vegetable crudités, breadsticks, crisps or tortilla chips.
Wow! A flavor explosion. I made this yesterday after I found a can of butterbeans in my cupboard (where did those come from?). I followed the ingredients exactly using the cilantro (coriander) and it has plenty of spice. I put maybe a teaspoon of olive oil on top with a few pinches of paprika and it was beautiful. We used it to dip vegetables into. Thanks for posting - I'll use it for my next can of butter beans.