Recipe by Cook1572
Burgers with a subtle spicy flavour. The fresher the minced beef the better and don't go too lean as the meat won't bind together easily. Great served in buns with fries as a side!
- 1 lb minced beef (lean is ok but not extra-lean)
- 2 slices bread
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 small onion
- 2 spring onions
- mixed herbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onions and red chili pepper finely, place to one side.
- Remove crusts from bread and reduce to crumbs in a food processor.
- Lightly beat one egg.
- Place minced beef in a large glass bowl with breadcrumbs, egg, ketchup, mustard, chili pepper, Tabasco and onion; work the mixture together with your hands blending it together.
- Once the mixture is holding together add mixed herbs and mix together once more, ensuring that they are spread throughout.
- Form mixture into 4 burgers of equal size (Around 4" to 5" in diameter).
- Grill for 10-15 minutes or until meat is done, turning halfway through.
- Serve with choice of sides.