Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
From Time Life Family Favorites Made Easy Recipe Cards
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk or 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- oil, for deep fat frying
- Pour oil into large heavy saucepan to depth of 1 1/2 inches. Over medium heat, bring oil to 375 degrees F on cooking thermometer.
- Meanwhile, cut of chicken wing tips and discard. Cut wings in half at joint and pat dry. Carefully place half of wings in hot oil and fry, gently stirring occasionally, until crisp and golden, about 9 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer wings to wire rack set over baking sheet. Return oil to 376 degrees F and cook remaining wings.
- While first batch of chicken is cooking, in small bowl combine mayonnaise, buttermilk and blue cheese.
- While second batch is cooking, in large skillet melt butter; stir in hot sauce and vinegar. Add fried wings; toss to coat. The longer the wings are in the sauce, the spicier they become. Serve wings with blue cheese dip.