Recipe by Sackville
Here's a good way to get your kids to eat broccoli! To make things easier, bake the potatoes up to a day ahead of time, wrap in a clean tea towel and refrigerate until needed.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Well, my kids didn't eat these (the blue cheese) but Dh and I somehow managed to get through them all. Lovely baked potato recipe and the blue cheese dressing was a great topping. Thanks SG.
- 3 large potatoes, baked until tender
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, cut in half
- 6 tablespoons bleu cheese salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out center flesh from the potato halves, leaving a shell about 1/4-inch thick.
- Arrange the potato skins cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter with hot sauce until well blended.
- Stir in the broccoli, tossing to coat with the butter mixture.
- Divide broccoli mixture evenly among potato skins, mounding if necessary.
- Use the remaining butter in the bowl to drizzle over the filled potato skins.
- Bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes until the potato skins are nicely browned and the broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Just before serving, drizzle 1 tablespoon blue cheese dressing over each potato.
- Serve warm.