Recipe by Cooking Creation
If you love buffalo wings, then this spicy and hearty sandwich topped with creamy blue cheese and cool, crunchy celery is for you! It is perfect for the upcoming picnicking season. Serve it with a side of carrot and celery sticks with blue cheese dressing for dipping.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese dressing, to taste
- 3 sandwich buns, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shredded chicken. Sprinkle with garlic powder and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese, until melted. Add the hot sauce, tasting and adjusting to your heat preference (3 tbsp is the perfect amount for my family).
- Arrange the sandwich. Scoop a generous amount of the buffalo chicken mixture on a bun. Pour blue cheese over all and top with chopped celery.
- Serve with a side of celery sticks and carrot sticks with blue cheese dressing.