Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
wanted to save the recipe, they look so nice
- 1 cup water or 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup flour (any kind will workÃ even gluten-free!)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce or 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon melted vegan margarine
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine the water or soy milk, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine your buffalo sauce and olive oil or margarine in a small bowl.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve alongside vegan blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
I saw a photo on pininterest and wanted to try the recipe. I was glad to see it posted here, however it didn't meet my expectations as written. The flavor of the sauce is good and it smells wonderful baking. The problem for us was the mushy texture of the finished cauliflower and the mess in the pan. I was glad I had the foresight to line the pan with foil and cooking spray. If not the pan would have been trash. The finished product would have been much better if it was crispy rather than limp, but frying defeats the purpose doesn't it? Thank you for sharing the recipe!