Recipe by Hungry_for_more
I was attempting to make an entirely different dish when I came up with this recipe. I was trying to making a variation of the Romanian dish of Mici, but found out Buffalo didn't work...but it works splendidly for BURGERS! This recipe makes the burger patties fluffy, juicy, and insanely delicious!
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1 lb ground veal
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 cup sparkling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meats with garlic, jalapeno, onion and spices.
- Add baking soda and mix well.
- Slowly add sparkling water to the mix, building up a consistency close to a puree. This process will make the meat fluffy and juicy when you cook it.
- Let meat sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator. (You can cook it right away but letting the meat sit will yield juicier burgers).
- Shape meat into patties.
- Grill for 6-10 minutes on each side
- Serve hot off the grill (mustard is a great topping for this meat). Try Blue cheese dressing also!