Recipe by Cluich
Growing up, I was never a big fan of Brussels sprouts. But then, I'd only had frozen Brussels sprouts. The fresh ones are delicious, though. This is one of my favorite ways to make them -- nice and spicy!
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 cup pancetta, diced (or bacon)
- 1 hot red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch chives, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- .Boil sprouts in salted water for 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Saute garlic in oil. Add pancetta and sausage. Saute briefly, then stir in the sprouts and sliced chili. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and cook another 5 minutes, uncovered. Serve hot.