Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Something I came up with by accident... works as a side or main dish.
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 large white onion
- 8 tablespoons ready-made bruschetta (any store brand)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon powdered hot red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Cut green pepper and onion into thin strips.
- Coat a large skillet or wok with cooking spray, add onion and green pepper.
- Cook onion and green pepper over med-high heat until onions are clear.
- Add bruschetta, basil, and red pepper to skillet, mix with onion and green pepper.
- Once thoroughly heated, remove from heat.
- Serve over rice as a main dish or mix with rice for a side dish.