I LOVE the spicy/chocolate combo, but I didn't always want it in a chocolate bar. So I decided to make some rich, spicy brownies instead! I took my favorite brownie recipe & added cinnamon & cayenne. These have a nice warmth & decadent chocolate flavor- enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Ghirardelli sweet ground chocolate and cocoa
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- 2Grease an 8 inch sqare pan, if not using a nonstick pan.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, sift together the ground chocolate, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, & cayenne. Set aside.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, & vanilla extract. Add the melted butter.
- 5Gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, about 1/4 at a time, until combined.
- 6Stir in the chocolate chips & nuts (optional).
- 7Spread the batter evenly into the pan (the batter is pretty thick).
- 8Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9Cool the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Brownies!
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.4
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 94.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g