Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I LOVE the spicy/chocolate combo, but I didn't always want it in a chocolate bar. So I decided to make some rich, spicy brownies instead! I took my favorite brownie recipe & added cinnamon & cayenne. These have a nice warmth & decadent chocolate flavor- enjoy!
- 1 cup Ghirardelli sweet ground chocolate and cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Grease an 8 inch sqare pan, if not using a nonstick pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, sift together the ground chocolate, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, & cayenne. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, & vanilla extract. Add the melted butter.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, about 1/4 at a time, until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips & nuts (optional).
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan (the batter is pretty thick).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.