1 hr 7 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh shark steaks or 1 lb fresh swordfish steak
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 5 -6 dashes hot chili oil
- nonstick spray coating
- 1Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Cut into serving size pieces.
- 3For marinade, in a shallow bowl combine the green onions, orange juice, chili sauce, basil, gingerroot, soy sauce, and chili oil.
- 4Add the fish; turn to coat with marinade.
- 5Cover; marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- 6Spray the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick coating.
- 7Drain fish, reserve marinade.
- 8Place fish on prepared rack.
- 9Broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
- 10Using a wide spatula, carefully turn fish over.
- 11Brush with the reserved marinade.
- 12Broil for 5-7 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Broiled Shark Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 355.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil