Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 lb fresh shark steaks or 1 lb fresh swordfish steak
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 5 -6 dashes hot chili oil
- nonstick spray coating
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut into serving size pieces.
- For marinade, in a shallow bowl combine the green onions, orange juice, chili sauce, basil, gingerroot, soy sauce, and chili oil.
- Add the fish; turn to coat with marinade.
- Cover; marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Spray the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick coating.
- Drain fish, reserve marinade.
- Place fish on prepared rack.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
- Using a wide spatula, carefully turn fish over.
- Brush with the reserved marinade.
- Broil for 5-7 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Ok - so I really used this one as my inspiration... I marinated the shark steaks in beer, fresh squeezed orange juice, crushed garlic, soy sauce and chopped dried cayenne peppers for 20 min. Then I pan-fried the shark with just a little bit of butter (mine were thing - 1/2 inch). After frying them on both sides, I took them out, and put the marinade in the pan on high heat. I added some Arrowroot to thicken the sauce and scraped the bottom for any leavings from the fish. It was YUMMY! Thanks for the inspiration.