Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken marinated in a seasoned mixture of tomato juice and marsala wine, then broiled. Prep time doesn't include time to marinate.
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 6 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine everything, but the chicken.
- Pour mixture over chicken and let marinate for several hours.
- Broil chicken until done (about 25-30 minutes), turning once and basting often with juice in pan. Or grill on the barbecue.
This was very good and nice that it's so low fat. The wine flavor shines through in the finished dish, so be sure to use a wine that you'd enjoy drinking.
Delicious! These flavours work so well together. I'm so impressed with the taste and the low fat content. This is destined to become a favourite recipe of mine. Broiling/grilling took 25 minutes for quite thick chicken breasts and they had a lovely dark crusty thing happening on the outside but were juicy and tender inside.