This recipe uses flank steak that has been marinated for 30 minutes, then stir fried with broccoli. It has a little spice from crushed red pepper flakes. It is then finished with a light soy sauce mixture. Serve with white rice for a complete and easy meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Meat and Vegetables
- 3/4 lb flank steak, frozen 15 minutes, halved lengthwise, and sliced thinly across the grain
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 lb fresh shiitake mushroom (can use reconstituted dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets (try not to use frozen)
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium chicken stock, divided
- 1First prepare the marinade. Combine sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch and sugar in a medium bowl. Add sliced beef; toss gently. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2Heat a 12-inch skillet (or wok) over high heat until very hot. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil coating pan. Add about half the beef. Cook, without stirring, 1 minute. Remove beef from pan (it will still be pink in places). Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Cover beef loosely and set aside. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Stir fry green onions, garlic, ginger, mushrooms, and red pepper flakes until just fragrant, about 45 seconds. Add broccoli and 1/4 cup broth to pan, cover and steam 5 to 6 minutes.
- 3To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients in a small jar; shake well.
- 4When broccoli is crisp-tender, return beef and add sauce. Toss gently, cooking until sauce thickens slightly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Broccoli With Beef
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 798.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 23.2 g