Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great recipe if you're looking for a different way of serving broccoli. For fans of spicy food.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons hot curry paste
- 1 small chili pepper, chopped finely
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Toast nuts by tossing in a dry frying pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until golden. Remove from pan immediately so they don't burn.
- In large frying pan, heat oil on high.
- Saute onion and chilli for 2-3 minutes, until onion is just tender.
- Add broccoli and cook, covered, for 4-5 minutes until just tender.
- Stir in curry paste followed by cream.
- Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with the almonds.
Wonderful combination of flavours! I didn't have any curry paste so just blended some curry powder with a little of the cream.