Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This salad is sweet, sour, spicy, crunchy and healthy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, 1/2 dice
- 1⁄2 cup miniature corn cobs, sliced 1/2 thick
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Steam broccoli florets for 2 minutes, then rinse quickly in cold water. Drain well.
- Place broccoli in serving bowl, adding the onions, bell peppers, and miniature corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, brown sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Just before serving toss dressing with vegetables. Season with salt.
Not very sweet but definitely spicy and quite good. An attractive salad that's company special. We enjoyed it with grilled salmon.