Recipe by Gingerbee
I love bruchetta! Most commonly served is with tomato topping but I found this broccoli spread that is simply the best and I thought I'd share it with you! BHG 4/94
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli in boiling water, salted, for about 12 minutes or until tender and drain.
- In a small skillet cook onion, garlic and red pepper in hot oil until onion is cooked (10 minutes).
- In a food processor, combine broccoli, onion mixture and cheese; process until smooth.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature, spread on Italian toasted bread rounds.
- And good for you too!