1/1 Photo of Spicy Broccoli and Soba Noodle Stir-Fry
This is an easy, tasty weeknight meal I adapted from a Moosewood cookbook. It comes together pretty quickly, especially if all your ingredients are ready to go in advance. If you're not into tofu, chicken would probably work fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml soy sauce or 59.14 ml tamari
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml rice wine vinegar or 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 226.79 g soba noodles
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml cayenne (I use more for EXTRA heat!)
- 946.36-1182.95 ml broccoli florets
- 59.14 ml water
- 118.29 ml sake
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 340.19 g baked tofu, cubed
- toasted sesame seeds, to taste (optional)
- 1Bring 3 quart water to boil in a large pot.
- 2While water heats, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, cornstarch and vinegar until smooth and set aside.
- 3When water boils add soba noodles and cook 8-10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, warm vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cayenne and cook, stirring constantly, until garlic turns golden (less than a minute).
- 5Stir in broccoli, water and sake; cover and cook 3-4 minute.
- 6Stir in carrots, tofu and soy sauce mixture; cook for another minute or 2 until sauce thickens then reduce heat to low.
- 7When soba noodles are al dente, drain and rinse them. Add to the vegetables and stir until they are coated with sauce.
- 8Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Broccoli and Soba Noodle Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1488.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar