Recipe by mer@
Here'a a zippy way to spice up a veggie that so many dislike. This recipe is from a newspaper clipping long ago. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very tasty broccoli without a heavy sauce. Loved the flavor combination. I thought it was just a bit too sour, so I added about a 1/2 tsp of sugar and tossed it in. That really did the trick. I'll definitely make this again with the addition of the sugar. Thanx for posting this recipe!
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli (1 bunch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mustard, lemon juice, paprika, cayenne and olive oil.
- Cut off ends of broccoli.
- Cut lengthwise into florets, retaining stems.
- Steam or cook broccoli in simmering water until crisp tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Drain and remove to serving bowl.
- Add mustard mixture and toss until thoroughly coated.